This Tuna Chicken Pie recipe is quite simple to make using ingredients that you probably already have. The recipe name of Tuna Chicken Pie is a bit misleading. There is no Chicken, it is chicken soup! If you don’t already have all the ingredients then stock up after you make this. This way you can quickly whip this up the next time you want something easy and quick to make. Note in the hints section that you can change this recipe and add other vegetables or even pasta, and if you don’t have potato chips you can substitute them too. This pie is something that you would cook if you had limited time to get something on the table. Enjoy!
1 x 425 gram can cream of chicken soup
60 g (1/2 cup) grated Cheddar cheese
1 x 425 can tuna
1 cup frozen peas, blanched
2 tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 small packet potato chips
- Place soup and cheese in a saucepan and stir over heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat and fold in flaked tuna, peas and tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a greased pie dish or au gratin dish and bake in a moderate oven at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle potato chips over pie and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
If you don’t have any potato chips, replace with bread crumbs or a mix of bread crumbs and grated cheese.
Cooked pasta can be added to bulk up the dish.
Leftover vegetables can be added to this dish.
This pie can also be served with salad.
Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
New Idea 1970s