This moist quick Banana bread recipe was found on Saveur. They credit the recipe to the mother of Ben Mims, food editor, so it is quite appropriate. I have not tried this recipe yet, however it is on my ever-growing list of things to try. I am tempted by their description that it is one of the best moist banana bread recipes that they have seen. I cannot wait to try this one. Enjoy!
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 1 cup flour, plus more for pan
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 9″ x 5″ x 2¾” loaf pan with butter and dust with flour; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add pecans and mashed bananas and whisk gently to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean, 60–65 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Wrap the slices individually when they have cooled and freeze for up to 3 months